There are many ways in which you can contribute to the development of the library:
- Give us a Star on Github - you know you want to. ;)
- Using http4k to build something? Get in touch and tell everyone about it, or even just us!
- Sponsor us! The http4k team build the library out of love for software engineering and the OpenSource community, but running a project of this size is not without it's costs. Please see below for sponsorship options to help us keep the project running.
- Get help! The http4k team have produced a reasonable amount of training materials and are available for onsite or remote consulting engagements to help companies get the most out of the library.
If there are any message format library or templating engine bindings that you'd like to see supported, then please feel free to suggest them or provide a PR.
- JSON formats: create a new module with an implementation of
Jsonby following the
Argoexample in the source.
- Templating engines: create a new module with a
Templatesimplementation by following the
HandlebarsTemplatesexample in the source.
- Server implementations: create a new module with a
Serverimplementation by following the
Jettyexample in the source.
- Client implementations: create a new module with a
Clientimplementation by following the
OkHttpexample in the source.
- Questions can be directed towards the Gitter channel, or on Twitter @http4k
- For issues, please describe giving as much detail as you can - including version and steps to recreate
- At the moment, PRs should be sent to the master branch - this might change in future so check back everytime!
- Source/binary compatibility always must be kept as far as possible - this is a must for minor and patch versions
- PR changes should have test coverage. Note that we use Junit 5 as a test engine - which uses new
- All the PRs must pass the Travis CI jobs before merging them
Testing with default settings is required when push changes:
Thank you to all our backers! [Become a backer]
Many thanks to all of the software vendors who supply tools to help us deliver http4k to it's community:
Jetbrains kindly supplies the project with an Open Source License for the amazing IntelliJ IDE.
Tuple supplies the http4k team with their amazing Pair-Programming tool Tuple allowing us to collaborate to build the library. Pairing is ace - everyone should do it!
JVM Profiling tools¶
YourKit supports open source projects with innovative and intelligent tools for monitoring and profiling Java and .NET applications. YourKit is the creator of YourKit Java Profiler, YourKit .NET Profiler, and YourKit YouMonitor.